On this package we assemble information on the ManyBody software, a loosely
coupled set of packages and programs that have been used in a number of n-body
schools associated with manybody.org and MODEST:
- http://www.manybody.org: the portal,
- Schools where we have used the software:
and perhaps related, the PITP 2009 summerschool, where some of this material was also used.
School on NUMERICAL N-BODY DYNAMICS
(Strasbourg, 19-22 March 2004)
Summer school on direct N-body simulations
( Amsterdam, July 24-29, 2005)
Galactic and Cosmological N-Body Simulations,
Tonantzintla - Puebla, Mexico, July 23 - August 5, 2006.
Advanced School and Workshop on Computational Gravitational Dynamics
(Leiden, May 3-13, 2010)
- Mailing lists/Newsletters:
- Simulations School in MICA,
meeting every 3rd Friday in the month, starting April 18, 2008.
- MANYBODY : an accompanying software guide
to the N-body school,
short intros to how all the packages can be used, and installed.
Also contains references
to the background material (PDF/PS papers) on the CD.
(version 2.0, draft April 14, 2010)
- GH-2006 "CD" tar balls (10 july 2006)
- Links to the various packages on the manybody CD, in alphabetical order.
The ones marked with a (*) are the core packages for the 2006
ACS (Moving Stars Around, Kali Code)
- * gadget
- MMAS (Make Me A Star)
NEMO (with lots of references to packages not included here (yet))
- spiegel (look for Software -> grapecluster)
- * tipsy
(and associated tools, such as skid, smooth, fof, denmax)
(and some useful
an SPH code to calculate the 3-d evolution of self-gravitating
- Links to the various supporting packages and libraries if
your system does not have them:
- pgplot (though we use our own patched version within NEMO)
- hdf (both V4 and V5 are used)